Pre-painted cast iron

Do they make a pre-painted cast iron in which the color goes all the way through the metal? This would save a lot of the hassle of painting and repainting the iron. However I have never heard of such a thing, yet someone told me they now make this metal in all colors.
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

For iron to be cast, it needs to be molten. Iron is molten at around 2800 degrees F. You can have any color you want as long as it is grey.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On Jul 6, 3:25�am, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

cant color molten metal, build a partition around the pipe.
if the cast pipe weeps a rusty appearance quickly it may need replacing

i have painted cast iron sewer pipes, one in 1984, it still looks fine today
On Jul 6, 2:25am, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Maybe CG (compacted graphite) iron instead of regular gray iron.
I dont know of any foundries that are casting CG iron for anything except advanced engine blocks though.
On Jul 6, 2:25am, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Was that person a member of the Obama administration? They seem to have an affinity for fairy tales.
Joe
Just get stainless steel or plastic. Either one doesn't need to be painted.