Pre-Paint CheckList

I just had my mudman SkimCoat all the walls in my upstairs traditional. I spot sanded, wiped down all the walls with a clean dry cloth and cleaned up all the dust. I can still pickup a lot of dust when I run my hand across the walls. Should I be wiping down the walls once more before I decide to start priming?
Also, considering that finished walls will be latex(Semi-Gloss), should I use Latex or Oil-Based Primer?
Thanks, -Mike
use a hand held light at close distance to the wall to see if imperfections are left . Use only latex primer and dont worry about dust if you wiped it down.