Powersaw Racing.

Hi,
036 Stihl Six, or eight, years old, but very few hours.
(I'm NEVER going to buy another saw, that comes from a company that refuses to sell me the repair manuals !)
It started, after a little tinkering; but now it winds out to maximum rev's, and won't idle down.
I don't think that I fooled around with the carb, but it's been so long, that I'm not sure. How do I set the carb, to factory settings, ?
Any suggestions ?
Thanks, Ken .