Powered roof vent: some leakage normal?

My condo has a powered roof vent on the roof. During heavy rain, if I go into the attic, I sometimes I can see a mist coming from the opening, and there is some occasional dripping. What I think is happening is that, during heavy rain, water can splatter and cause a mist. The splattering water can also cause water drops to get onto the underside of the hood and eventually drip through the opening. I notice that someone put an extra peace of insulation upside down on the attic floor. Presumably they did that to absorb the occasional drops of water during heavy rain.

Is what I'm describing a normal condition for powered roof vents?

Also I'm wondering what the lifespan of the aluminum vent is (not including the motor, which was recently replaced).

Thanks,

J.

Reply to
jaynews