power washer leaves spots

When I wash the cars with a 2.5 gal 2500 psi pressure washer using turtle wash soap, I get spots when it dries. I can't tell if the spots are dirt or soap residue, but I don't remember this being a problem before I started using the turtle wax wash about 2 yrs ago. Anybody recommend something to improve the situation?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Dry the car by hand with towels?
You'll never eliminate spots without drying it.
Hard Water@!

Try a rinse aid. Minerals in the water will leave spots when it evaporates. Better yet is to dry the car with a chamois.

2500lb @2.5gpm can ruin paints gloss, and easily ruin a near worn out finish. But hopefully your issue is hard water needing hand drying. One thing I won`t use my powerwasher on is my car.
I suspect that is might be related to hard water. I use a power washer at the local "quarter" car wash and it does a great job without a chamois. I do use a chamois, but I often see streaks where I have used it. I can get the chamois to do the job after some real elbow grease, but I need to hit the windows with Windex to really get them clean. It would seem I should be able to get the problem fixed, but is there a "portable" soft water system or something I can use in line with the power washer. I don't need a soft water system for anything else.
In-line softener, of a sort:
http://www.homemadesimple.com/sites/en_US/mrcleanautodry/proseries.shtml
Jo Ann
I don't think that is quite what I was looking for, Jo Ann. What I would really like to see is a filter that I can put on the faucet at the side of the house so that I have clear water for doing the house windows and the cars. I cleaned the windows of the house yesterday and it was more of the same. Since I have some professional squeeges, I was able to work around the problem for the most part. It would sure be nice to be able to provide soft water for about 60 gallons of water at any one time for the car and redirect the water to go around the filter when I did not need it. The windows could have probably been improved if I just bought some water and filled my bucket with that.
Since the water consists of dissolved minerals, I can't see that a normal filter would work unless someone knows something I don't.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I believe that you're facing a losing battle this way. This is a resin ion exchange cartridge, I believe, like used in a water softener. It will still leave spots- just of sodium instead of the minerals in the water. What I did, years ago when I was young and energetic, was to first wash my windows or auto with a pressure washer. While still wet, I used a Hudson Sprayer to squirt them with distilled water, and then did the squeegee bit. Distilled water is the ONLY way I knew to virtually eliminate spots. If you can locate the condensate drain of your A/C or install a rain barrel, you will have a free source of distilled water.
Mark
Mark and Gloria Hagwood wrote:

Sorry, but collecting rain water or the water from your A/C will not at all be distilled water.

Rain water has all sorts of contaminants collected on the way down. The AC may be better in that is should be mineral free, but certainly does not meet the definition of distilled.
I just found a system like I am looking for at http://crspotless.com/index.php?category_id=6
Your post, Jo Ann, led me to it. Unfortunately, it is nearly $200. I would like to see something for around $30 to $50 if I could.