Power Vent Hot Water Heater

Hi all. I have a 7 year old Power Vent Hot water heater. It heats water just fine, but my problem is that the blower keeps running. It never shuts off. I never noticed this before & I'm just not sure if it's a problem. Can anyone answer ? - Should it run all the time? - If not, what controls it? - Have you ever seen this problem before?
Thanks in Advance! Ron
Its been a while since I've done a power vent and I can't exactly remember the nuts and bolts of it, but no, it shouldn't run continuously. The water heater aquastat should initiate the blower sequence. Once the blower starts it closes a circuit on a pressure switch allowing the burner to start. Once the aquastat is satisfied, the blower either shuts off or goes through a timing cycle and then shuts off

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

It sounds like a relay has failed in the safe mode.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 10:53:00 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

Mr. Meehan is wrong as usual. most power vented heaters don't even use a relay. what brand is this and model number? +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

As noted, it should not run all the time. Different mfr's used different control schemes. Go to the mfr site and see if there is any support available. Or find out there what parts are replaceable.
Jim