Power tool may have started wildfire

As it was being used to clear brush in response to fire regulations.
"Some Santa Barbara County residents recently received annual notices advising them they had until June 1 to clear potentially hazardous brush, county fire Capt. Glenn Fidler said. "
http://cbs2.com/local/brush.fire.wildfire.2.1004379.html
HeyBub wrote:

They had a policy (if I remember correctly) of prohibiting people from cutting firebreaks because it inconvenienced the three legged tit mouse or some such nonsense. There was a big fire and the only house to survive belonged to some fellow who said "F*&% You!" and got on a tractor and cut a firebreak. Of course, the fire killed all of the three legged tit mice and the government probably went after the guy who cut a firebreak.
TDD
On Mon, 11 May 2009 15:45:15 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Any word on the three blind mice?
Oren wrote:

They were in a government nursing home and remained safe.
TDD
Hope they called in some endangered house cats to go around eat all the cooked mousies.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Here when weed wackers slow down, the first thing removed is the Spark Arrestor. That could have started the fire.
On Mon, 11 May 2009 16:55:32 -0700 (PDT), ransley

Removing a spark arrestor is illegal in their state?! Some people move there and never even have a spark arrestor.
Harassing a bear can be a federal offense. That charge can get you two years in the pokey for a first offense. Stealing fish from a pond, still gets a two year sentence.

Picking up an Eagle feather off a trail can land you in jail too.

My Sthil had one until I removed it because it would not rev high, I think CA is stringent on that issue and for good reason.

Fires in that area are "natural" and have been happening for centuries before the land was developed. By preventing or putting out the fires they are not being environmentally conscious IMO. Oh wait, rich green Hollywood types live there, we'll have to make an exception.