Power tool may have started wildfire

As it was being used to clear brush in response to fire regulations.

"Some Santa Barbara County residents recently received annual notices advising them they had until June 1 to clear potentially hazardous brush, county fire Capt. Glenn Fidler said. "

HeyBub

They had a policy (if I remember correctly) of prohibiting people from cutting firebreaks because it inconvenienced the three legged tit mouse or some such nonsense. There was a big fire and the only house to survive belonged to some fellow who said "F*&% You!" and got on a tractor and cut a firebreak. Of course, the fire killed all of the three legged tit mice and the government probably went after the guy who cut a firebreak.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Any word on the three blind mice?

Reply to
Oren

They were in a government nursing home and remained safe.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hope they called in some endangered house cats to go around eat all the cooked mousies.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Here when weed wackers slow down, the first thing removed is the Spark Arrestor. That could have started the fire.

Reply to
ransley

Removing a spark arrestor is illegal in their state?! Some people move there and never even have a spark arrestor.

Harassing a bear can be a federal offense. That charge can get you two years in the pokey for a first offense. Stealing fish from a pond, still gets a two year sentence.

Reply to
Oren

Fires in that area are "natural" and have been happening for centuries before the land was developed. By preventing or putting out the fires they are not being environmentally conscious IMO. Oh wait, rich green Hollywood types live there, we'll have to make an exception.

Reply to
RickH

Picking up an Eagle feather off a trail can land you in jail too.

Reply to
RickH

My Sthil had one until I removed it because it would not rev high, I think CA is stringent on that issue and for good reason.

Reply to
ransley