Power tool Batteries

If you were going to replace that batteries in a 12v Dewalt drill, would you get NIMH or NICAD
Roanin

primecell.com rebuilds the packs replacing all the cells with newer larger capacity ones. you can check their webpage for cost vs operation dfferences.
they do a excellent job at affordable prices

I'd go NIMH. Try www.primecell.com for prices. I've used them a few times and they do good work.
Roanin wrote:

I see there are a lot of battery rebuilders out there. I had Voltman Batteries in Mansfield Ohio rebuild one last august. It lasted till April of this year. I would expect for $40 it would last longer than 8- 9 months as The other original battery is still going strong after several years Primecell seemed kind of snotty when I emailed them, plus they have a crummy warranty too. (90 days). I see some that have one year warranties. Is there a site someone knows that reviews these rebuilders? I have even seen ones for sale on ebay and other places that do not require you to send in your battery and are cheaper than Primecell. Some are cheaper for a new complete aftermarket battery than to rebuild yours. Just saying wonder how you know you got a reputable rebuilder...

Primecell rebuilds YOUR battery pack. The only way to do that is to send it to them. Are the cheaper ones the same quality? Same cells? Same ratings?
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Have no idea that is why I was asking. Anyone used anyone here besides Primecell? I used Voltman and had miserable results. The cheaper ones advertise 1 year warranty and have been around a while. Primecell only warranties for 90 days. Lots to choose from, the question is who's claims do you believe.

I would stick to nicads, especially if your using the same charger.
Greg