Power Strip or multiple outlets in the Wall

I don't recall how much it cost, but I remember we had out utility (BGE) come out and do it at my last house. I think it was $50-100 dollars but i could be wrong. We had to have the service upgraded several hundred watts at that house because of all the new gadgets. Fortunatly that upgrade is free.

Reply to
Elliott P

By toggle switch do you mean like an on off light switch or what?

Reply to
Elliott P

I've seen 2 outlets together.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Yeah, that's what I meant. I have 4 double outlets above my work bench. One is connected to a toggle. I used to have a beltsander and a double grinding wheel that had no switches, just plugged into the wall, and I used the toggle to control them. But I only had one switch so eventually I put a surface-mount on each tool. I don't need the toggle for those tools now, but I still use it for other things.

And I have another double outlet to the right of the bench near the light switch for the room. That outlet is connected to the light switch so when I turn off the lights the radio goes off too.

(btw, if your newsreader does automatic quoting, it would enable me to know if a question is directed to me, or what "it" refers to in the previous post.)

Reply to
mm

Hmmm, I have 5-6 PCs/notebooks networked on 3 levels of house, fax, home theater. etc. As long as I remember nothing got damaged by power line in years. All our utility is underground if that matters. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang