Power Strip or multiple outlets in the Wall

Page 2 of 2
I don't recall how much it cost, but I remember we had out utility (BGE) come out and do it at my last house. I think it was $50-100 dollars but i could be wrong. We had to have the service upgraded several hundred watts at that house because of all the new gadgets. Fortunatly that upgrade is free.
By toggle switch do you mean like an on off light switch or what?

Yeah, that's what I meant. I have 4 double outlets above my work bench. One is connected to a toggle. I used to have a beltsander and a double grinding wheel that had no switches, just plugged into the wall, and I used the toggle to control them. But I only had one switch so eventually I put a surface-mount on each tool. I don't need the toggle for those tools now, but I still use it for other things.
And I have another double outlet to the right of the bench near the light switch for the room. That outlet is connected to the light switch so when I turn off the lights the radio goes off too.
(btw, if your newsreader does automatic quoting, it would enable me to know if a question is directed to me, or what "it" refers to in the previous post.)
Elliott P wrote:

Someone probably said what I a about to say already.
Even in 21st century modern houshold, overloading the crcuit is not recommend. Beside, if you are a computer user, you must be aware of surge protector, etc. These days, people UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) that prevents the computer form shutting down abruptly in case of power oputage. UPS checks the load also.
Do not connect printer to UPS, only PC, sound system, monitor, modem should be connected to UPS. Belkin and PAC are populra brands. There are many different ones. You have to determine how much watage level or Amperage you want. I have Belkin 900 VA. I am not a game perosn but I don't think you would want to play game on back up power supply anyway. So get soemthign just enought to protect your PC so that it wouold initiate shutting down properly in case of electrical troubles.
Sandie wrote:

Hmmm, I have 5-6 PCs/notebooks networked on 3 levels of house, fax, home theater. etc. As long as I remember nothing got damaged by power line in years. All our utility is underground if that matters. Tony