Power saw for door jams?

I'm ceramic tiling the floor in my house and I'm trying to find an affordable 'Skillsaw' type of machine to trim the bottoms off the door jams.
Do any of you good people have a link to such a machine?
TIA
--
Lewis.

"Lewis Campbell" wrote in message

jams.
Depends what you deem affordable. Try
<http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=undercut+saw&ht=1&sosortprop erty=1&from=R10&BasicSearch=>
OR
<http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=jamb+saw&ht=1&sosortproperty =1&from=R10&BasicSearch=>
"Kevin Shouls" wrote in message news
http://tinyurl.com/xyq1
OR
http://tinyurl.com/xyqc <=== this one is better
got the following from an earlier post: http://www.craintools.com/fs-specialtysaws.html
take a look

jams.
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Not always that easy. I have struggled with some in a corner and/or hardwood for half an hour with a handsaw.

jams.
check your local home center or look at harbor freight. IMO you would be better off with a table saw.
"SQLit" wrote

LOL. How exactly does one trim off the bottoms of jambs with a table saw?
My thanks to you guys for the good links. The prices were a LOT better than the $289.00 that I had found.
Also thanks to the comedians who gave a good laugh.
Cutting off the door jams with a table saw? TOO FUNNY.
--
Lewis.

I confess to buying a Bosch Finecut power hand saw (http://www.boschtools.com/Tools+and+Accessories/Tools/prod_detail.htm?item_ no40VS) for just this purpose. Yes, it was one door jamb and yes it was a sale item in H$. I used it a hundred times since, so I have repented. Amazon has it now for $110.
EJ
Consider a Fein Multimaster. $129, but you'll be able to use it on many other jobs too. The jamb saw is too specialized for me. http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/fein/mm_sawing.htm?L+coastest+dngv8561ff054205+1070882031
Boden
Lewis Campbell wrote:

Lewis Campbell wrote:

Why don't you just use a good Japanese pull saw? They'll cut nice and flat and only take a couple of minutes per side.
Michael