Power saw for door jams?

I'm ceramic tiling the floor in my house and I'm trying to find an affordable 'Skillsaw' type of machine to trim the bottoms off the door jams.

Do any of you good people have a link to such a machine?

TIA

Reply to
Lewis Campbell

Depends what you deem affordable. Try

OR

Reply to
Kevin Shouls

OR

Kevin Shouls

got the following from an earlier post:

take a look

Reply to
edee em

You can buy a hand saw for about $10 that will do the job. Offset handle and a fine blade. Takes but a minute a cut. If you have three or four doors, that seems more reasonable than a $200+ cutter. I could have them cut by hand by the time you find the extension cord for the power saw. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Not always that easy. I have struggled with some in a corner and/or hardwood for half an hour with a handsaw.

Reply to
Alan

check your local home center or look at harbor freight. IMO you would be better off with a table saw.

Reply to
SQLit

"SQLit" wrote

LOL. How exactly does one trim off the bottoms of jambs with a table saw?

Reply to
George Mose

My thanks to you guys for the good links. The prices were a LOT better than the $289.00 that I had found.

Also thanks to the comedians who gave a good laugh.

Cutting off the door jams with a table saw? TOO FUNNY.

Reply to
Lewis Campbell

I confess to buying a Bosch Finecut power hand saw

for just this purpose. Yes, it was one door jamb and yes it was a sale item in H$. I used it a hundred times since, so I have repented. Amazon has it now for $110.

EJ

Reply to
EJ

Why don't you just use a good Japanese pull saw? They'll cut nice and flat and only take a couple of minutes per side.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Burr