Power mixer problem

Hi. I have a dual blade mixer which I'm using on some silvercoat for the roof. I've used that mixer one other time, 6 or 7 years ago when I did the same thing. So I go to use it just now and the bottom of the 2 blades isn't spinning while in the can. It appears to have become disengaged from the shaft and spins freely when not in the can. The upper blade is rigidly attached to the shaft.
Any way of tightening that blade? There is no nut on the bottom of the shaft, as I've seen on some designs. The only other adjustable is the slider that controls depth...but that doesn't tighten the blade.
Thanks, Tom
                             _________________________ Message sent through http://www.BetterHomePortal.com

Blades were probably swaged, welded or brazed. Just guessing, but a quick braze might be the fix. You would need MAPP gas or oxyacetylene to do it. Or toss it and buy a more robust model.
Joe
Joe wrote: ...

I'd guess the first most likely...if it's on the end, I'd probably start by trying to swell the shaft end w/ the standby hammer/punch route.
That failing, I'd then likely skip the second step and go to the third... :)

:)
Thanks guys, that's what I was thinking too but I really can't see any kind of break. I ended up paying $7 for a paint mixer and it worked fine.
Thanks again.                              _________________________ Message sent through http://www.BetterHomePortal.com