Power Flush toilet problems

I have been using an Eljer model 141-7000 toilet with a WCTC PF/2 Energizer flush unit for a little under three years. Our system is on a well with "hard" water that runs at 60 psi. We have cartridge filters with the final being noninally 5 microns. The toilet will not cycle at this point. By this I mean that it flushes but will not shut off and seems to stay in the fill bowl mode. There is also a little water in the bottom of the ceramic water chest. If the supply to the toilet is turned off and then on after 30 seconds or longer, the PF/2 will shut off and flush normally when next activated.

The local plumbing supply outlet just chinged when I asked about fixing this problem. They seem to not like "power flush" toilets at all. They had some replacement parts for Sloan's version, but no parts, info or advise for the W/C Technology Corp. units.

I would appreciate any comments/advise about how to fix this problem. Yes, I am aware that the toilet has a "five year warranty", but my experience with "collecting" on these warranties always leads me to try and fine some other way to deal with the problem. Thanks.

Reply to
William Lee

I have 4 toilets with Sloan valves. Initially had trouble with one and their support was excellent. You might want to call up the valve company for your toilet before giving up on the warranty. Sloan sent me every part imaginable including a whole new valve. Turns out the plumber put the toilet together with the wrong washer between the tank and bowl and the problem had nothing to do with the valve.

ceramic water

problem. Yes,

experience

Reply to