Power Drill Repair

I have a Dewalt DW236 1/2" drill with a keyless chuck that is not working. I plan to buy a new chuck, but I want to remove the old one first. I removed the torx screw (backward thread) and I've tried everything I can think of to remove the old chuck. It just will not come off.
I'm getting frustrated with it, is there someplace I can just take it (or ship it) and have it fixed? I'm south of Baltimore.
paulaner wrote:

Stick a small screwdriver into the cooling fan of the motor to keep the gears from turning. Then unscrew the chuck with a pipe wrench.
I don't know about someone in Baltimore. Get the largest Allen (hex) wrench you can. Chuck up the short end in the drill chuck. Take a short piece of 2x4 or a hammer and hit the long end of the Allen wrench with a VERY sharp blow. Make sure you are trying to turn the chuck in a counterclockwise direction when looking at the chuck end of the drill. I did have one DeWalt that needed a shot of thread release to soak in for 30 minutes.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

Exactly, and iirc you shouldn't stuff anything in the fan. You'll bend the fan if you do. Let inertia and the way the gears work hold the shaft in place, while you hit it. Things like this you may have to hit a few times, before you hit it right.