"poured" floor

About 30 years ago, I installed a poured floor in a below-grade bathroom. It consisted of a base (color) coat, a bag of color chips that was sprinkled on the base coat, the next day we covered it with a no-wax shiny clear coat. It was just about bulletproof - - well 4 kid-proof anyway. Is this product still on the market ? if so, who carries it?

TIA

Reply to
rj

Yep they make that for garage floors now cant remember the name off hand i think lowes sells it.

Reply to
PoCambo

Wow, I forgot that even existed. We had it in our kitchen at home about

40+ years ago. Never knew anyone else that did it. Ed
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Most full-service paint stores will carry similar products. It's usually a two-part epoxy paint now with color chips cast into the wet paint, though there is at least one I've seen that's a polymer-based coating you can mix the chips right into the coating. Common in commercial applications, though you may not find it in your local box store.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran

Most common type was called 'Torginal' . Nice in theory, but at least in the installation at my father's 1966 Folly, it didn't last too well. Traffic areas got thin in less than 3 years, and all the joints of the subfloor telegraphed through. In fairness to the product, I don't think the install crew had been trained properly about taping joints and using mutilayer topcoats. Haven't seen the stuff in years- sort of a poor mans terrazzo. Since commercial world seems to have gone 100% carpet or tile these days, I suspect finding any dealers for any sort of poured-in-place hard floors would be pretty hard. Do a Google for Torginal (sp?) or 'seamless flooring', and you should get some hits.

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers