pour spout for 1 gallon metal can?

Does anyone know where I can get a pour spout for the standard 1 gallon metal can used for thinner, dentatured alcohol, etc?

I've tried the pour the can from the side method...and that still didn't work so great when the can was full. You would think the manufacturers of these things would be smart enough to make a no drip lip, but it's as if they want us waste the product so we buy more!

-joe

Reply to
g20zoom

Virtually any paint store. Probably even the big box stores, although I haven't looked.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Pouring from the side is no different than pouring from the front. Pour from the side opposite the spout, so the spout is on top. That way, when you quite pouring, the liquid level drops below the spout before the spout goes beyond horizontal where it can drip all over the can.

Reply to
CW

Hey...maybe I should try this way. I have noticed on auto oil bottles(quart size) that are rectangular, the diagram on how to pour the bottle shows exactly as you pointed it. I think it's somewhat counter intuitive...but if you think about how the air and fluid sit in the bottle/can, it makes perfect sense when pouring. I should have thought about that before. Thanks!

-sp

Reply to
g20zoom

responding to

RoxannVR wrote: Seriously, why do they make the cans that way. I've been spilling half of my paint thinner everytime I go to use it.

Reply to
RoxannVR

Seriously, why do they make the cans that way. I've been spilling half of

I thought this one was long dead. I took one of the "new" laundry soap bottles that my wife emptied. Has a handy push button valve. Holds paint thinner just fine - dispense as needed, sits nicely on a shelf, bright color (All), has not leaked to date, holds more than a gallon. Totally nice.

I've not tried it with lacquer thinner yet, waiting for her to empty another.

Reply to
DanG

"Bob F" wrote in news:jqvo97$hcp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

That's the trick. Always pour "from the top" because you don't want it to go cluck-cluck. Leave enough space for the air to go into the container smoothly.

Reply to
Han

Unless it is a beer. :-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

FrozenNorth wrote in news:jr07t3$hn2$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

It's the same for pouring a beer out of a container. How you pour it into yourself is another matter ...

Reply to
Han

Buy that man one ... LOL!

Reply to
Swingman

It IS.

There's this site called "homeowner's hub" that pirates content from USENET= and presents it as its own. Its "forum" feature is actually integrated int= o USENET, and the clueless users of "homeowner's hub" don't bother to look = at the date of the post they are responding to.

Reply to
dennisgauge

Gundam Mr. Spout...fantastic little invention:

sthurmo

replying to sthurmo, Dave Waters wrote: Our company

has recently designed a snap-on 1 gallon metal can pour spout. We have two models... model #PAUS fits a 1.30" threaded opening, and model #PAUS2 fits a 1.74" threaded opening. Contact snipped-for-privacy@doyleshamrock.com for pricing.

Reply to
Dave Waters

These only fit the 1 pint cans. Not the 1 gallon cans. Don't bother buying.

Reply to
wayne.kaauamo

Here's one joe !!

bmon30

replying to g20zoom, bmon30 wrote:

's one !!

Reply to
bmon30

replying to g20zoom, bmon30 wrote:

here's one !!

Reply to
bmon30

If he has not gotten one in the past twelve years, you might have solved the problem.

Reply to
Markem

That's funny, you took my idea and patented it. Great job. I posted this about 5-6 years ago here on this group

woodchucker

Good job on stealing my idea and patenting it. I posted that on this news group 5-6 years ago or longer.

woodchucker