potterton boiler

I have a 30yrold floor standing boiler (potterton), I'm struggling to get someone out to service it.
So I thought i'd have a go myself ,I'm an engineer so I'm fairly confident I won't do anything too wrong.
Can anyone give me some advice, like how to get at the burners I think I need to disconnect the gas valve to get the front off the boiler.
Ronald Walters wrote:

Sounds like a UK boiler. Post to this group: uk.d-i-y
Jim