pots, pans, wine glass, fork/knife/spoon rack query

anyone have a good suggestion on a racks for the following:

Pots & pans & cover rack

wine glasses rack for use inside the cabinet

kitchen utility rack (knifes/fork/spoons & other kitchen/dining implements)

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

hubops

If you're trying to orgainize a typical kitchen angel food cake pans, bundt pans, pie plstes etc.store nicely in upper cupboards if you have room. If you have a TALL lower cupboards buy wire pan and lid racks to hold lids. cookie sheets, 9x13 and up shallow cake pans etc.The drawback to these racks is you lose some headroom and If you have typical lower cupboard shelves that are only about 10 inches high that's a problem. Use plastic baskets or cardboard boxes instead (you'll likely still have pans that can't be stored on their sides) - Cardboard boxes that are 8 or 9 inches wide, 22 inches deep and about 9 inches high work well (and they're tree at some groceries) and I've purchased plastic boxes that came close to those dimensions (prettier but not as useful).

re dead space in lower corner cabinets. My current solution is plastic boot parks from the dollar store - I keep lightweight stuff that I use every day in a box directly behind the door - i pull that box out of the cupboard and then slide the boot park "tray" forward to retrieve stuff stored on the "tray".wayyyyyyyyyyyy in the back of the cupboard.

You can just store them on the shelf. . . ;)

Depending on the width of your kitchen drawers you may be able to find a plastic silverware/utensil tray that can ride on top of the drawer sides. Failing that, a little strip of wood on each side of the drawer (1/4' x 1/4') and a hardboard tray that slides above the stuff in the bottom of the drawer almost doubles the useable drawer space.

Counter top utensil holders work well *IF* the height to width ratio is reasonable. Most have openings that are too wide => stuff flops around/ falls out. If you have some heavy narrow glass or pottery jars or vases try those instead or make dividers for for the interior of wider containers.

HTH

Susan

Reply to
Susan Bugher