Posting Top

Page 4 of 5
Caesar Romano, 7/1/2005, 8:27:09 AM, wrote:

l i k e
t o
s i d e
p o s t .
--
No matter what happens someone will find a way to take it too seriously.

"[snip]

Do more research! You're doing it wrong It should be on the right side :-)
Off Topic.
Please post at alt.usenet.police.wanna.be if you really want to revive this overkilled discussion. This is like the "hanging toilet paper over the top or through the bottom" discussion - half of us are smart and the other half do it wrong. Obviously, the definitions of "smart" and "wrong" are highly subjective. :)
================
A: Nothing really. A Newsgroup, like life itself, is full of morons. Just ignore them. Don't respond to them. Even better, don't waste time reading their comments. They aren't likely to be able to contribute anything worth your time.
Q: What can I do about this?
A: Some newsgroups by their nature attract people who are not accustomed to following a logical progression of written comments. They either lack the intelligence to do so or are just too lazy. They read and reply to only the last comment without any concern for, or attempt at, understanding previous comments. Often their contribution is useless.
Q: Then why are there some newsgroups with a lot of top posters?
A: Because it destroys the logical flow of a thread of comments.
Q: Why do so many people object to top posting?
A: Writing your reply to a message above what you are referring to rather than below it.
Q: What is "top posting"?
-- Slimes Daily Motto: 1) Tax & Spend 2) Change the constitution to make it easier to do (1).
On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 07:27:09 -0500, RE: Posting Top Caesar Romano

Thanks to all who replied. I probably didn't see most of the replies, since I already had about 60 top posters in my kill file. However I knew there were probably a few more of you out there and my "Posting Top" post would bring you crawling out from under your rocks. It works like a charm every time. You top posters are such losers.
BTW, this newsgroup is now very enjoyable and informative with all you losers identified and kill-filed. To those who haven't tried it, I highly recommend you give it a try.
Thanks also to all the others who make this newsgroup so worthwhile.
--
Slimes Daily Motto: 1) Tax & Spend 2) Change the constitution to make
it easier to do (1).
Caesar Romano, 7/2/2005, 6:31:10 PM, wrote:

I am a previous top-poster who converted to bottom-posting. I see the value of both and will do both depending on how the thread is progressing. I have learned to be flexible since I can't make others do what I want them to do. Killfiling people for top-posting is really rather petty and you are the one losing out since you are shutting yourself off to a wealth of experience and knowledge. It was through being educated in a helpful manner rather than being called a loser and other names that I decided to change.
--
No matter what happens someone will find a way to take it too seriously.

Do you really think anyone gives a flying f*&k about you and who you do or don't killfile?

Ashton Crusher wrote:
<top posting corrected - go to the bottom>

> Do you really think anyone gives a flying f*&k about you and who you > do or don't killfile? > >
You seem to...
Only in the hope you'll kill file me.
bottom post corrected...

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 15:17:14 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Done.
Dipshit.
Linux Registered User #327951
Ashton Crushed the only hopes he had of being respected when he wrote:

nah, this is more fun.
Good advice. *PLONK*
On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 07:27:09 -0500, Caesar Romano

Mark wrote:

> Good advice. *PLONK* > >
Are you OK? Me thinks not, so I fixed it for you. You get a double *PLONK*PLONK*
Buh bye.

Mark wrote:
> Are you OK? Me thinks not, so I fixed it for you. You get a double > *PLONK*PLONK* > > Buh bye. >
Plonking is for the spineless.
Plonking may be for the spineless, but aggravating you is a lot of fun...

HeatMan wrote:

> Plonking may be for the spineless, but aggravating you is a lot of >fun... > >
You give yourself undue credit. I'm not in the least bit aggravated. <yawn> Try again bozo.
Yeah?
How come you feel the need to change every post?
wrote in message

HeatMan wrote:

> Yeah? > > How come you feel the need to change every post? >
Once againou give yourself undue credit. No need to do anything. Just killing time. Thanks!
How come you feel the need to reply every time?
Try again bozo.
I like to see relies posted on top, gets to the subject matter quicker than having to scroll all the way down on long posts. And then If I need to go back to the original or previous replies I can then scroll down
Anyway, When newsgroups started there was no rule as how to post and most back then was top down anyway.

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 14:29:35 -0400, MC wrote:

That's because you're an idiot.

Riiigghhhtt.... You sure know a lot, huh?
How come you use Outhouse Excuse to post here? I would think a long-time Usenet expert would be using a real newsreader client...
Linux Registered User #327951