Posting Top

Page 2 of 5
On 24 Jul 2005 11:41:48 GMT, "badgolferman"

I do see. And I expected such, in this or other threads. I think you misunderstimated my ironical intent in re "last throes" :-).
--
Luke
in message wrote:

clear FAQ or moderator. It's also a method of seeing who's worth reading their other posts or not too. The closed minds and fanatics stand out like sore thumbs as also do the thinking minds and social beings.
Poop wrote:
<snipped in entirety>
Whoosh! ahh...
Don't look now but this is a COMPUTER/VIRTUAL medium, not the printed page. When dealing with additions to printed material AND when dealing with 300 baud modems and only text based display the notion that additions should go at the bottom makes some sense. It no longer makes sense. People using COMPUTERS to read these messages can most easily read the messages if they are top posted when they are these kinds of ping-pong communications.
On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 16:49:09 GMT, Ignoramus9053

Ashton Crusher wrote:

> Don't look now but this is a COMPUTER/VIRTUAL medium, not the printed > page. When dealing with additions to printed material AND when > dealing with 300 baud modems and only text based display the notion > that additions should go at the bottom makes some sense. It no longer > makes sense. People using COMPUTERS to read these messages can most > easily read the messages if they are top posted when they are these > kinds of ping-pong communications.

The problem is not bottom posting, it is not snipping.
The problem is not being able to adapt.
Or ...... do I need to re-post this entire thread three times because everyone else did?
Like I said. Evolution will take hold eventually.
well,...............at least I think it will.
Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply
MUADIB
If A Quiz is Quizical, What is a test?
The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.
MUADIB wrote:

<snip the babble - like i did much of yours>

Is that when you'll learn to quote text in your replies?
G Henslee wrote:

All you need is one paragraph or so of quotation, then your reply. The flow of the conversation is maintained, reference is given and nobody has to scroll. What's the problem?
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

And why you described can just as easily be done with top posting.
On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 19:45:13 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

Ashton Crusher wrote:

Most top posters don't bother to trim their quotes at all. To be fair, too many bottom posters are guilty of the same. In your case, I don't find the top posting objectionable. I think what really chaps my ass is when I have to scroll.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Same here. And since almost no one trims, it means when people bottom post you have to scroll/page down often many times, just to read their three new lines of text. If they did the same non-trimming but top posted it would save everyone tons of time and effort. I think in the long run the net-Nazi's who beat the drums for bottom posting will be a smaller and smaller minority because top posting just makes more sense in this virtual "print" environment.
On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 01:46:25 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

Ashton Crusher wrote:

> Same here. And since almost no one trims, it means when people bottom > post you have to scroll/page down often many times, just to read their > three new lines of text. If they did the same non-trimming but top > posted it would save everyone tons of time and effort. I think in the > long run the net-Nazi's who beat the drums for bottom posting will be > a smaller and smaller minority because top posting just makes more > sense in this virtual "print" environment. >
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

overheat on the too-common poorly written posting. I bottom posted here because the post flows that way. It becomes difficult to follow when a posting has both top and bottom posters involved.
I don't see trimming, or not trimming, as the exclusive domain of top posters. Many people don't trim, through design or laziness. I almost never trim because I know not all postings reach every server, and some ISPs have lousy retention, so sometimes you see a trimmed response to an apparently nonexistent posting.

In OE, the spell check will not do a line starting with > so the original post is left intact.

Agent's default is to not spell check quoted lines, either. I dunno but suspect most newsreaders are that way.
--
Luke
On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 11:55:42 -0400, William Brown wrote:

Get a clue. *ALL* posts flow that way.

So why do you both top-post AND bottom-post? To make things difficult?

So let's summarize: You almost never trim. You top-post. You bottom-post. With all this, you are concerned with making sure the thread is followable? What a friggin joke.
Linux Registered User #327951
Dan C wrote:

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

it is impossible to tell what their response is about!!
I am a top poster who can be flexible when the thread benefits from it. And it might be worth noting that most browsers allow a default setting to be made so that their response begins either top or bottom, for the user's convenience --Phil