Posting Top

Page 1 of 5
A: Nothing really. A Newsgroup, like life itself, is full of morons. Just ignore them. Don't respond to them. Even better, don't waste time reading their comments. They aren't likely to be able to contribute anything worth your time.
Q: What can I do about this?
A: Some newsgroups by their nature attract people who are not accustomed to following a logical progression of written comments. They either lack the intelligence to do so or are just too lazy. They read and reply to only the last comment without any concern for, or attempt at, understanding previous comments. Often their contribution is useless.
Q: Then why are there some newsgroups with a lot of top posters?
A: Because it destroys the logical flow of a thread of comments.
Q: Why do so many people object to top posting?
A: Writing your reply to a message above what you are referring to rather than below it.
Q: What is "top posting"?
--
Slimes Daily Motto: 1) Tax & Spend 2) Change the constitution to make
it easier to do (1).
Caesar Romano wrote:

Egg-zackly.
For the 90% of the users who are actually following a thread, top posting makes reading the thread much much easier. Those who keep beating the bottom posting horse are living in the past.

Ashton Crusher wrote:
<top posting corrected - go to the bottom>

> For the 90% of the users who are actually following a thread, top > posting makes reading the thread much much easier.
follow this: http://tinyurl.com/c42ek
No, I refuse to scroll down to read the response to the message I have just read. I want to read it straight away.
Perce
On 07/01/05 11:30 am G Henslee tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
<top posting corrected - go to the bottom>

> No, I refuse to scroll down to read the response to the message I have > just read. I want to read it straight away. > > Perce >
Oh bullshit. You read the last post and you'll read this one.
IT'S THE POST CONTENT, NOT THE FORMAT, WHICH IS IMPORTANT.
snipped-for-privacy@wdeans.com wrote:

And you're stump stupid. But nobody's yelling it at the top of their lungs.
Who appointed you Net-Nanny?
wrote:

Or is it Net-Ninny?
HeatMan wrote:
top posting corrected - look at bottom>

> > Who appointed you Net-Nanny?

You've just been waiting for a chance to say that, you clever dog you.
Huh? Where's my post?
wrote:

You're not a net-Nanny, you're an idiot..
Sometimes you just have to

read both parts.......
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:
<top-posting correected - go to the bottom>

No, I refuse to scroll up to the top to read the blah blah... ;-)
do it like this???

What if i was to
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:
<top posting corrected - go to the bottom>

Like what?
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is it such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Ignoramus9053, 7/1/2005, 12:49:09 PM, wrote:

The most annoying thing on Usenet is not top or bottom posting. It is Off Topic discussions.
--
No matter what happens someone will find a way to take it too seriously.

My vote is for netnannies that piss and moan because they never took the time to learn how to use their filters, scroll up and down arrows, and the delete key.
They read through things, yet bitch, like ordering a steak, eating it, then sending the empty plate back to the chef with a complaint.
Me
On 02 Jul 2005 00:12:17 GMT, "badgolferman"

Not to worry ... it's in its "last throes". ;-)
--
Luke
Luke, 7/1/2005, 8:47:32 PM, wrote:

Methinks you have underestimated the persistence of resentments. As you can see, this topic has picked up a new life.
--
"I miss. I miss. I miss. I make."
Seve Ballesteros describing his four-putt at Augusta\'s No. 16 in 1988.