Postable Digital TV's?

Page 1 of 3

I have a portable analog TV which will be a door stop in 2009. Does any place sell the new digital tv's in a portable form? You know, one that runs on batteries in case your electricity goes out.
Robert Blass wrote:

One thing some fancy laptop computers come with TV tuner.
Tony Hwang wrote:

And for others, the USB tuner dongles are <$100.
sayd the following:

Uh, how would that work with NO electricity which is why I asked?
Laptops run on electricty.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

if the 12v battery tv is under discussion, then a battery powered laptop is pretty much the same thing. if the tv is on a car battery through an inverter, it would be simple to run the laptop off the same source.
On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:06:23 -0700, "charlie"

Let me try this again. I am asking about a Portable Digital TV, like the ones sold for analog TV. I never said I wanted it connected to a car and I didn't mention needing it for a laptop, in fact I never even said the word laptop.
?

Something like this?
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?summary=summary&accessories cessories&custRatings=custRatings&productId(55063&techSpecs=techSpecs&support=support&featuresatures&currentTabatures&tab=summary
If the link doesn't work, search for an Accurian 7" portable handheld TV.
Assuming you're looking for a single-piece item, and not a solution involving laptops or separate digial converters with inverters and extra 12V batteries to carry around. :-)
Josh
When did I ever mention owning a laptop?
You guys skipped on to laptops.
On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 15:38:26 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

they run on BATTERIES. and can be charged/ran from a car's cig lighter,OR another 12v source.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

Batteries provide ELECTRICITY.
--

Incoherent rant by the next V-POTUS?

COURIC: Why isn\'t it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping
i dont have a laptop!
following:

Robert Blass wrote:

a battery TV. If you have gas in the car to keep that battery running, you can sit in the car and watch. I've done that a few times, now I just try to sleep through the outage, or if it is several days, find the nearest hotel with power and room.
-- aem sends...

I wanted to do that last thing, but there's a problem in that major power outages often coincide with hotels being full, as happened during the recent storm (Ike).

Mark Lloyd
Will there be TV broadcast signals during a power cut? Some of the stations near me continue to transmit. perhaps backup generator. The power cuts I've experienced, suddenly there is no money work to do. And so I have LOTS of time on my hands. I bring out the manual type writer, and write journal pages, and letters to friends.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

last outage was pretty widespread and they were transmitting by the time I got the generator rigged. Seriously, it would be no great loss. Their advice was of no use to me and their assurances and predictions struck me as geared more towards preventing panic than telling me when I'd have juice again. And my pessimism served me well last month.
On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 09:02:09 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

with tree damage and power outages. (SW Florida) We never lost the local TV stations. The NBC and ABC outlets (Ch 11 and 20) are both owned by the same company and broadcast from the same building using different transmitters so they usually merge their broadcast during the storm using the combined crews from both stations and one studio going out on both channels. I have never had a time I couldn't get one of them.
the following:

News Alert==I don't have nor never mentioned having a laptop
someone ELSE mentioned having a laptop.
geez
Robert Blass wrote:

Laptops work on built-in batteries and can be charged while being used via car cigarette lighter plug.
the following:

I never said I have a laptop, I do not own and have never owned a laptop...