Possibly fruit flies indoors - luring & trapping them?

Page 2 of 2

I read it twice just to make sure that I didn't miss anything. I don't know how you got "fruit flies are an excellent indicator of slovenly housekeeping habits." from anything in that article, but to me that seems like a pretty strong, general statement to make. As for the additional, uninformed accusations that you make in your last reply, I take no offense from them because I know that the level of cleanliness in my house is high, and I'm not at all ashamed that I buy fresh produce instead of month old, shrink-wrapped stuff from overseas at the supermarket.

Doesn't mean you're knowingly remiss (eveyone thinks their food handling methods are stellar), means you're simply not realizing how you're unknowingly doing and/or not doing things that promote fruit fly proliferation... anyone who regulary puts out fruit fly bait has more than the usual occasional fruit fly flare up. Adult fruit flies only live 24 hours.... when someone is witnessing a steady occurance it simply means they are doing something to breed them, albiet unknowingly. Most folks don't know very much about proper food handling safety, doesn't mean they're slobs so much as they're simply ignorant. Of course they're also slobs, they just don't realize they are.
Eliminate the flies' food source. Remove any fruit on counters, windows sills, etc. Thoroughly clean out your refrigerator, particularly produce.