Possible to replace bearings in pond pump?

Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to replace the motor bearings in this type of pump?

It started tripping the GFCI when I plug it in, so I took it apart and I got it to at least run now, but it goes slower and vibrates, then begins to overheat. Do you think it's possible to fix?

Reply to
mshaffer

Bearings are not going to cause a ground fault to trip, so what did you do to repair the problem, and how do you know that the tripping problem is solved?

Reply to
RBM

You say you "took it apart", and yet the only image you have to offer is one of a plastic enclosure.

Unfortunately, my x-ray device for scanning internet pictures is not working at the time, so I am unable to provide you an answer.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I think this is probably OP's pump.

waterfall-pump.html

How long in service? Duty cycle?

IMO doesn't like there is going to be mcuh repair opportunity ... worn out?

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

Take it apart and report back with more photos.

Reply to
gonjah

ble to replace the motor bearings in

+1

A ground fault is tripped by current getting from the hot to ground, ie where it should not be and should have nothing to do with bad bearings.

Reply to
trader4