Possible to replace bearings in pond pump?

Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to replace the motor bearings in this type of pump?
http://www.pondusa.com/pm02670l.jpg
It started tripping the GFCI when I plug it in, so I took it apart and I got it to at least run now, but it goes slower and vibrates, then begins to overheat. Do you think it's possible to fix?
On 4/21/2013 4:19 PM, mshaffer wrote:

do to repair the problem, and how do you know that the tripping problem is solved?

+1
A ground fault is tripped by current getting from the hot to ground, ie where it should not be and should have nothing to do with bad bearings.
On 04/21/2013 01:19 PM, mshaffer wrote:

You say you "took it apart", and yet the only image you have to offer is one of a plastic enclosure.
Unfortunately, my x-ray device for scanning internet pictures is not working at the time, so I am unable to provide you an answer.
Jon

I think this is probably OP's pump.
http://www.diywatergardening.com/4800-gph-pondmaster-proline-hy-drive-pond- waterfall-pump.html http://www.dannermfg.com/Store/products/danner/PID-02670.aspx
How long in service? Duty cycle?
IMO doesn't like there is going to be mcuh repair opportunity ... worn out?
cheers Bob
On 4/21/2013 3:19 PM, mshaffer wrote:

Take it apart and report back with more photos.