Possible to circumvent Bosch hammer drill automatic shut down?

Homeowner bought a used Bosch 11264evs SDS Max hammer drill to retrofit his 80 year old house with hold-downs and hired me to do the work. After drilling 4 holes the Service Reminder Light started blinking and the and the drill shut down. Bummer. It will take weeks to service it. Does anyone know how to jump start this critter. It has to be good for a few more holes. It was doing great on the ones I drilled so far.

Jack

Reply to
Jack

From what I've read, it's just a service reminder light. It doesn't shut the tool down. Guess the light is correct

Reply to
RBM

From the manual: When the service reminder light lights up or blinks, this will indicate that the cut-out carbon brushes will switch off the tool in approximately 8 hours. After that period, the light will go off and the tool will stop running. The tool must then be sent to a service center for service."

Guess you are wrong

Reply to
Jack

If you want to be a dick about it, see if anyone else offers help.

Probably not though. I'm a pretty experienced homeowner with over 30 years of do-it-yourself experience and I've never heard of a simple power tool that shuts itself off and won't run again until you send it in for service. I'm betting it's the same for pretty much most people.

Now you know why the homeowner got the tool so cheap, at least... The previous owner knew it was just about done, and got rid of it before it bit it.

Reply to
mkirsch1

Fixed it already. Thanks fer the help!

Reply to