possible A/C problem

Last night my a/c (heat pump type) stopped working. This morning I went outside to the heat pump unit and pressed the "high pressure control manual reset" button, then I turned the unit on. It has worked fine ever since. However, the fact that I needed to hit the reset button makes me think that there is a problem with the system. What sorts of things would cause one to have to use the reset button?
Thanks,
Jean

Most circumstances means either a clogged condenser coil or a faulty OFM. Since it's worked fine ever since, it's probably a clogged coil.
HeatMan wrote:

I had to get the service people out yesterday (Sunday) to fix the unit -I'm in Florida, and the temps and humidity are way too high to endure without the a/c.
The problem was a bad blower motor. Apparently, if the motor isn't working, the pressure builds up in the lines and trips the "high pressure control" thingee.
Jean

OFM.
'OFM' means outdoor fan motor.
I was correct.

Air in the freon. Dirty condensor.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

BBBBWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Go away you hack
--
Tekkie