possible A/C problem

Last night my a/c (heat pump type) stopped working. This morning I went outside to the heat pump unit and pressed the "high pressure control manual reset" button, then I turned the unit on. It has worked fine ever since. However, the fact that I needed to hit the reset button makes me think that there is a problem with the system. What sorts of things would cause one to have to use the reset button?

Thanks,

Jean

Reply to
Jean

Most circumstances means either a clogged condenser coil or a faulty OFM. Since it's worked fine ever since, it's probably a clogged coil.

Reply to
HeatMan

Air in the freon. Dirty condensor.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I had to get the service people out yesterday (Sunday) to fix the unit

-I'm in Florida, and the temps and humidity are way too high to endure without the a/c.

The problem was a bad blower motor. Apparently, if the motor isn't working, the pressure builds up in the lines and trips the "high pressure control" thingee.

Jean

Reply to
Jean

Stormin Mormon posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

BBBBWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Go away you hack

Reply to
Tekkie®

'OFM' means outdoor fan motor.

I was correct.