Porter Cable 617 Circular Saw question

I have a PC 617 "7 1/4" Heavy Duty Builder's Saw".
There is an adjustment knob on the back between the grip and the blade, at the end of a 3" post. A picture of it is at http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/knob.htm Yeh, I know it is a dirty knob, but I was thinking more in terms of what does it adjust? I foolishly turned it, thinking it was something else, and now I don't know where it was.
Thanks.
Its a grease cap, you remove cap fill with grease and tighten, Dont tell me you never greased it , Oh well , I have one thats how I know.

That really isnt a knob. It is a cover for grease. you fill that with grease and turn it in to squeeze it into the motor.
Thats a grease cup. Just remove it all the way fill the cup with a lighweight grease and screw the cup back on but not all the way. As you use the saw like every week or so give the cup a full turn to force more grease into the gear box. When it bottoms out remove it and refill it and repeat the process.
That seems easy enough. Thanks.

Its a better deal than " Permantly lubed bearings" Because yours are Lubed. Forever, as need be. I own the Rockwell version. So it will last , if you lube it.
Wade Lippman fell over stupified and wrote:

Ever the moron. btw, Making an ass out of yourself in the "Creating a 220 circuit" thread was quite entertaining. Many thanks!