Portable PVC -netting plant cover

Yo, group -
I have built a portable frame out of 1" PVC to be covered with netting to protect my strawberry bed. 4'x4'x2.'
However, I can't seem to jam the joints tight enough that they won't fall apart.
What can I "seal" the joints with so I can take the frame apart if I want a different configuration?
Also, what's the most trouble-free way of fastening the netting tight on 5 sides, leaving only the ground side free. Seems like a lot of trouble to fasten at multiple points. There's probably a simple solution, but it hasn't reached the front of my brain <g>.
TIA
Add pictures here
✖

Are you sure you have the right fittings? My problem is usually getting those things apart.
Not that it matters this time, anyway. I'd try to design it so the netting holds it together. Are you using this style clamp? http://www.creativeshelters.com/Canopy-Accessories/Canopy-Accessories.aspx?Productgroup=SnapClamp [I made mine- for 3/4 pvc from scraps of black 1"plastic- the lighter grade of 1" might be flexible enough for slipping over netting- or try to find some scraps of 1 1/4"]
If that doesn't appeal to you, then I think 3 #8 self-drilling sheetmetal screws on each joint ought to do it.
-snip->

Snap clamps if you feel the need to frame it. My dad just throws his nets right over the bed. Pulls up a corner to pick and just lays it back down. The occasional chipmunk gets in- but I don't think you can beat them at that game.
Jim
Add pictures here
✖

I'm using the 3-part pvc fittings shown at the web site you list below. IOW, two horizontal, one vertical at each of 8 points - four at top of frame; four at bottom.

Don't think that would work; netting too hard to control.
I'm thinking of winding plumber's tape around the cross-pieces before I slide them into the fittings. Might create enough friction to keep x-pieces from slipping out.
Remember, this is a very light-weight frame, designed to be portable and, if desired, demountable.
  Are you using this style clamp?http://www.creativeshelters.com / Canopy-Accessories/Canopy-Accessories...

Yes, that would hold, for sure, as another poster mentioned, but I'm not up for drilling 3 holes at each of 8 sites. (I may have to eat those words <g>)

Hey, I think you have the answer! Don't fasten at all, just pull some netting under the bottom frame. I will try it. Only prob. is every two weeks when the gardener comes to mow&edge, I have to pick it up & move to patio, but that shouldn't be a deal breaker.
Add pictures here
✖
Amateur wrote:

You could drill a small hole through the joint, and slip a nail or paper clip through it, bending at the end to stay put.

Tie wraps? String? Baling wire?
Add pictures here
✖
Once you have the pieces together drill a hole thru them and use a cotter-pin or nail to hold them together. Or even a self-tapping screw. You might use a 'sharpie' marker to make an alignment mark on the pieces so you can re-assemble and make it easier to line the holes up next year.

Add pictures here
✖
Amateur wrote:

Four lengths of galvanized pipe. Pound one into the ground at each of the four corners of the bed.
Two "U" shaped PVC frames, one on each end. The "legs" fit into the gal. pipe.
One or two braces across the top, PVC with snap clamp glued to each end. Snap them in place to support the "U"s.
Sew the netting together, mitered at the corners so it fits like a tent over the frame. Add grommets at the corners, hold down with tent stakes. If you want to get fancy, add velcro for flap to get at the berries.
End of season, fold up the netting, pull the frame apart and hang the "U"'s in the garage. Looks good on paper :o)
Add pictures here
✖