Portable generator parts Generac

Looking for a set of engine filters (oil & air) specifically for the Guardian OHIV engine model GH-220 made by Generac for their 4000exl portable generator. When I search the web site it sends me to Briggs and Stratton. A search of local generator dealers was unproductive. TIA

Reply to
Sudy Nim

My generator is a Power Boss made by Briggs and Stratton and was advertised as having a Generac generator. From your post, I assume B&S makes the engine for your Generac. It is not unusual to use different parts from different manufacturers. The Home Depot guys told me that generators might use any engine.

Reply to
Frank

Thanks for the reply Frank. This generator is a Generac and the engine is "labeled" (Generac model GH-220 Guardian OHIV). I think most of them had B&S but this was one of the exceptions. I suppose it could have B&S parts but the oil filter is labeled Generac 070185. Sudy Nim

Reply to
Sudy Nim

Lowes or maybe HD, or try generac of course

Reply to
ransley

Interesting. My B&S does not have an oil filter but googling B&S oil filter gave this:

one will fit picture.

Reply to
Frank

Look at Jack's Small Engine Parts

I have a GN-220 and did an extensive rebuild of it a few years ago. I found most of the needed parts there.

Boden

Reply to
Boden

If you have the old filter, maybe this post from another newsgroup from many years ago will help you.

Newsgroups: alt.energy.homepower Subject: Re: Generac oil filter cross reference From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.comSPAMFREE (JW1505) Date: 16 Feb 1999 20:48:03 GMT

Cross reference by my records for the Generac filter #70185 is:

Fram PH4967 Purolator L14476 Wix 51394 AC PF1233 Lee LF2840 Toyota 90915-03001

Hope this helps. Jay

Reply to
Chris Hill

A big thank you for all the replies. And that cross-reference was really great. Sudy Nim

Reply to
Sudy Nim