Portable Generator once more..

Page 3 of 3

You mean like when you wrote:

Got anything else you'd like to refute? ;-)
Yea call generac, EXL models have oil filters , you got screwed, The 7550 is also listed as having an oil filter on Generacs site and it states it is available at HD.
So you got screwed.

Pssst. I'll give you a hint; When the GN-410 engine manual that is used for the 7550EXL states that it doesn't come with an oil filter, that means it's been designed that way. By Generac. Personally, I think that the manual, and the actual device trump anything that the website has to say.

Why? Because you can't admit you were wrong? :-)
- Rich
Listen good, Rich User,
I just got back from HD, all 4 of their 7550EXL have an oil filter. GET IT.
My 7500 EXL has one.
Post your photos, Call Generac, Ck their Web Site. then shut up,
You don't see it, or you should return it for what you paid for.
YOU GOT SCREWED or are a freaking blind moron, Either way you lack intelligence.

You opened every box and checked? Really? Why don't I believe you? Seems like that might tick off the employees just a little bit, considering the way that the generator is packed you can't see the engine from the top of the open box, and have to rip the box apart to access it at all. Unless, of course, you have the capability of using your X-ray vision to see through the opaque black plastic fuel tank that extends over the entire top of the genset, AND the opaque plastic bag it's wrapped in. Boy, I wish I could see like that. :-)

Yes? So? Did I say I have a 7500EXL?

How do you explain the manual? Do you think someone has been going around secretly replacing the engines in a 250 pound generator, printing new manuals, and making new boxes? I'll give ya another hint; When the manual says that the capacity of an engine withut the filter is 46 ozs of oil, and it takes about 1-3/4 26 oz bottles of oil to fill it, it's a pretty darned good indication right there. ;-)
Boy, those must be some awfully busy little gnomes. ;-)
- Rich
Unregulated voltage gens start at a high voltage and usualy reach 120 60 hz at load. Start voltage is usualy around 135, but cheap low powered units easily swing 35 v ++. Even Coleman in their manual says if electronics are to be used buy a separate regulator and they even give you a telephone #. Those regulators can double cheap generators cost. Regulated units usualy swing only 10- 15v. Honda has a line of " clean power" stable signwave generators that are as clean or cleaner than your utility co. And they have a line that is voltage regulated. And are very quiet in sound noise. Whatever you get test it before you need it to full load with a meter to be sure it will do what you need. You should look for voltage regulation and find out the % volt swing the unit is desiged for and see if your equipment can handle it. HZ varies with voltage , many motors wont start if Hz is off. Look for a good motor with steel sleeve and pressure oiled. The cheapest unit that does this is a Generac 4000exl for 700 at HD it also has electric start and an oil filter, but it stil swings apx 10v. For better go Honda , their inverter line is the best but at 2.5 x the price of Generac. Some Colemans use techumpsee motors some models which only last 350 hrs Pressure oiled steel sleeve can go 3500 hrs. With generators you really get what you pay for
Inverters produce non sinewave output with many harmonics that are bad. The good onces will filter much of that out, better ones can eliminate most of it.
Generators produce sinewave output but as metioned are poorly regulated at the low end.
Another problem is surge current. Depending on what you are powering you will awnt to size the generator for any start current requirements for inductive loads, otherwise the startup voltage drop you will encounter if such a condition happens can shorten and/or burn up a motor.
Probably more exsessive than most will need, but I have a good 12000 output Gen to handle all the fridge/freezers and small motor loads and if careful I can even run the AC. I also feed into a good size UPS to regulate and further protect all my elcetronics and computers in the home office. Most electronics like a clean power on and power off, when using a generator one can have a condition sometimes when power will come up slower and if the generator is shutoff will cause the voltage to slowly drop, this can be bad. Best to have a auto disconnect that will only allow output when the generator is ready to produce full output and disconnect cleanly if the voltage drops to a preset minimum for a specifc amount of time.