portable dishwasher unknown

OK, I just bought a house with a portable dishwasher, and i have never used one before. I figured out that it connects to the sink, but i can not get the four white grips to hang on to the faucet. I saw other problems where the person had this problem and had to go the store for a new spout. I beleive the previous home owners were using the dishwasher just fine. Somehow i just can not figure out how to get a good solid connection. Can anybody help or has had this problem?

Reply to
85clinto

It's necessary to replace the usual aerator on the spout with an adapter for portable dishwashers. They come in two sizes..one for Whirlpool type machines and a slightly larger one for others. Is it possible that the previous owner replaced the faucet just before you moved in and threw away the adapter with the old faucet. They only cost a couple of bucks at the hardware store. One other thought...if you have one of the faucets that allow you to pull the whole faucet out to use as a rinse hose, it may be possible that it won't take an adapter. Installed one of these for my mother and then had to buy a small single temp faucet to install in the fourth hole in the sink just for her dishwasher.

Tom G.

Reply to
Tom G

i can't under stand the question. just tell your portable dish washer to wash the dishes, then tell him to mow the lawn

(j/k, couldnt resist)

Reply to
Tater