Portable dishwasher to built-in

We have a built-in Kenmore dishwasher and a Kenmore portable dishwasher. They are virtually the same, except the portable works and the built-in doesn't.

I looked at the conversion kit needed, but I'm thinking about cannibalizing the built-in for the parts. Any foreseeable problems?

Reply to
montana wildhack

You should be able to do that as most of what you need is the different drain hose and water feed hose. Used to be that the portable didn't have a water shut off/on solenoid designed to be continually hooked up to water pressure and the kit would include a stronger designed unit. If the kit you looked at doesn't include a new solenoid shut off, then you should be able to use the one on the present portable. You might want to hold on to the hose setup from the portable because if you ever wanted to put it back as a portable, they used to cost around $50.

Tom G.

Reply to
Tom G

The only thing the kit has that isn't a hose is a shield that covers where the wires connect. I'm guessing the built-in has this part, but I haven't pulled it yet to see... but there's no solenoid in the kit.

And the kick plates, but I'm not as concerned about them.

We usually try to save stuff that has a high probability of either being useful or expensive to replace. I thought the conversion kits seemed expensive.

Reply to
montana wildhack