portable AC/heat

I am considering a portable AC/heating unit for my 400 sq ft shop. Any recommendations on brands to consider or to not consider? thanks in advance.

Reply to
Dan-o

This is Turtle

Whirlpool or Roper

Don't get Electronic controls or anything with digital read out. You want Knob , buttons, and no electronics controls or remote controls at all.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Daewoo is nice... $5K Btu/h with a 10.2 EER for $69. Remove and discard the hot coil and its fan, replace with a copper pipe tube-in-tube heat exchanger, eg a 10'x3/4" pipe inside a 9'x1" pipe, with Us in the middle and a bored-out 1" T and reducer at each end. Pump pressurized cold water through it and back into a hot water pipe in summertime. Pump it through a large EZ-Set pool in the basement in wintertime.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

Do you always have to go to the extreme to solve something simple????? Greg

Reply to
Greg O

....1/2" internal pipe fits better, with a 4x1/2"x45 degree elbow U, and at least 5KBtu/h/(110F-60F)/8/60 = 0.2 gpm of water flow, to make 110 F water for showers with about 1/3 the usual energy. The basement pumping requires some valves. A solar air heater could be nicer. See

Are you humor-impaired? What's your solution? Does "portable" mean "not through a window?"

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

With a COP = 10.2/3.41 = 3, the hot side would dump 4/3x5000 = 6667 Btu/h, so we need 6667Btu/h/(110F-60F)/8/60 = 0.28 gpm of water flow, with how much inner pipe, ie heat transfer surface?

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam