portable AC/heat

I am considering a portable AC/heating unit for my 400 sq ft shop. Any recommendations on brands to consider or to not consider? thanks in advance.

This is Turtle
Whirlpool or Roper
Don't get Electronic controls or anything with digital read out. You want Knob , buttons, and no electronics controls or remote controls at all.
TURTLE

Daewoo is nice... $5K Btu/h with a 10.2 EER for $69. Remove and discard the hot coil and its fan, replace with a copper pipe tube-in-tube heat exchanger, eg a 10'x3/4" pipe inside a 9'x1" pipe, with Us in the middle and a bored-out 1" T and reducer at each end. Pump pressurized cold water through it and back into a hot water pipe in summertime. Pump it through a large EZ-Set pool in the basement in wintertime.
Nick
wrote in message

Do you always have to go to the extreme to solve something simple????? Greg

....1/2" internal pipe fits better, with a 4x1/2"x45 degree elbow U, and at least 5KBtu/h/(110F-60F)/8/60 = 0.2 gpm of water flow, to make 110 F water for showers with about 1/3 the usual energy. The basement pumping requires some valves. A solar air heater could be nicer. See http://www.BuildItSolar.com .

Are you humor-impaired? What's your solution? Does "portable" mean "not through a window?"
Nick

With a COP = 10.2/3.41 = 3, the hot side would dump 4/3x5000 = 6667 Btu/h, so we need 6667Btu/h/(110F-60F)/8/60 = 0.28 gpm of water flow, with how much inner pipe, ie heat transfer surface?
Nick