Porch Tile?

We are looking at somehow refinishing our front, concrete porch. Is there such a thing as a tile or other product that can be laid over existing concrete?

Reply to
Joe Baumgarten

Concrete is a good base for tile. Since this will be exposed to the weather, don't get a highly glazed tile that will be slippery when wet.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Hi,

You can do quarry tile. You justuse your underlayment cement to adhere tiles and then grout them.

candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7

Is there such a thing as a tile or other product that can be laid over existing concrete?

:You might also consider natural stone, such as precut (not split) slate, using thinset portland cement to attach them to the steps. Make sure to clean the concrete with brush and detergent, then etch with diluted muriatic acid . This will assure a fast bond between tile or stone, and the concrete. Slate and certain other stones and tiles provide a secure, rough surface in the winter..

Reply to
Roger