Porch roof, vinyl siding

I want to attach a porch roof to existing (5 year old) vinyl siding on the

2-story back of my house. The attachment will be a gable end sloping 8 to 12 feet high on the 17 foot wall.

Is there a way to do this without cutting the vinyl and getting a flashing under it? I doubt it, but I don't want to cut into it unnecessarily. Thanks.

Joe Gilman

Reply to
Joe28

Joe,

No harm in hoping. Step flashing with the roof line, J-channel and all those D%$# angle cuts above the new roof line. Do it right and enjoy it for years to come. Number the pieces as you take them down for an easier install later.

Reply to
Colbyt