Porch roof, vinyl siding

I want to attach a porch roof to existing (5 year old) vinyl siding on the 2-story back of my house. The attachment will be a gable end sloping 8 to 12 feet high on the 17 foot wall.
Is there a way to do this without cutting the vinyl and getting a flashing under it? I doubt it, but I don't want to cut into it unnecessarily. Thanks.
Joe Gilman

Joe,
No harm in hoping. Step flashing with the roof line, J-channel and all those D%$# angle cuts above the new roof line. Do it right and enjoy it for years to come. Number the pieces as you take them down for an easier install later.
--
Colbyt
Remove " stopspam." from the email address to reply via email