porch ceiling

I need to redo a porch ceiling (about 8 ft x 8 ft) because of a change to lighting fixtures (the 1950s tongue-in-grove was fine until the

1950s lighting finally failed, and both are now at the city dump). This porch has salt water exposure so I am considering PVC (Artek) and concrete board (Hardie) in addition to wood products. Anyone have experience with Artek or Hardie for this application?
Reply to
Power Cat