Porcelin tile and step down

I am putting 6"X6" porcelin tile in my very small bathroom. However, there its a step down into the bedroom from the bathroom. It previously had a wood board up against the step, but the board has been removed. What can I put at the edge of the tile at the step to protect it from getting broken? I am not sure if we can put tile on the 4" step riser or if we will put another board. The concrete foundation is not very smooth and the bedroom has wood walls.
I would suggest a bullnose if it is available in the style you are putting in.
mlind1122 wrote:

We tiled a step in our living/dining room - sunken l.r. Cut a tile, apply to face of step, put bullnose tile on the edge. Looks nice. We considered mosaic or border tiles for the face of the step, but contractor came up with a solution that worked beautifully. Our "step" has a railing anchored into the face of the step, so had to fit tile around the railing anchors. I'm careful about hauling the vacuum around and down the little step so it doesn't chip. That is the only hazard here. Our tiles are 20", so had to be cut; the cut edge is in the grout joint with the bullnose on top.

A wood board?

Really?