porcelain tile

We have 3 pieces of 18" tile between the tub and the carpet, installed without any space in between. Now we want to do the whole bathroom with the same tile. Can I keep doing it without spacers or I need to remove the 3 tiles and start all over again with the proper spacing (3/8" or so)? thanks

Reply to
Ron

Exact same tile? Yes you can maintain a tight joint install throughout. However it would be much easier for you to remove the 3 pieces and install the entire floor with a c =nice clean 1/16" or 1/8" joint.

Reply to
G Henslee

| | Exact same tile? Yes you can maintain a tight joint install throughout. | However it would be much easier for you to remove the 3 pieces and | install the entire floor with a c =nice clean 1/16" or 1/8" joint. |

Yes, it is the same tile (we just put the 3 or 4 pieces 2 weeks ago). It was leftover from the living room so I just ask the guy to put them in there and remove the vinyl. It looks good but I am afraid how it will look in the whole bathroom; at the same time is not cheap, $1.69 sf, but once again, it's only 3~4 pieces. The whole bathroom is around 70 sf.

Reply to
Ron

Setting with a joint is much more 'forgiving'. About the only material I set and butt tight is marble or granite. I have stacked porcelain tight on a few floors and backsplashes per customer specs. Lay some of them out both ways and see what you prefer.

Reply to
G Henslee

| > Yes, it is the same tile (we just put the 3 or 4 pieces 2 weeks ago). It was | > leftover from the living room so I just ask the guy to put them in there and | > remove the vinyl. It looks good but I am afraid how it will look in the | > whole bathroom; at the same time is not cheap, $1.69 sf, but once again, | > it's only 3~4 pieces. The whole bathroom is around 70 sf. | >

| | Setting with a joint is much more 'forgiving'. About the only material I | set and butt tight is marble or granite. I have stacked porcelain tight | on a few floors and backsplashes per customer specs. Lay some of them | out both ways and see what you prefer. |

Very good. Thanks a lot for your time.

Reply to
Ron

Can subject tile be cut like monocuttura ceramic or are special methods needed? Thank you, Seamus J. Wilson

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

Diamond saw works but it will chip if you run out of water. Score and snap works.

Reply to
beecrofter

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson