Population concentration

A map showing that a bit over half the U.S. population lives in the 144 largest counties. The rest of us live in 2,998 counties.

(American Enterprise Institute)

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but if you were to overlay a map of the black population over your map you would find that the vast majority of the black population resides in those 144 largest counties.

Going one step further out on that proverbial limb I would bet that those 144 largest counties have disproportional high crime rates.

Finally, we would find that these 144 largest counties have historically been controlled by the Democratic party.

Therefore, Democrats care not for the very people they say they want to help.

Am I right?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Holy shit...you sound just like the Mormon...there is little hope for you m y friend. You fell off the limb and onto the slippery slop to the final aby ss! Good bye! (????????? ?? ?)

Reply to
bob_villa

I wasn't thinking much past the price/type of housing. There are/were towns in Nebraska and Kansas giving lots away to families moving in. There might've also been some property tax relief to go along with that.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Well, according to the census... he's correct.

83LowRider

...in saying, "he's correct" you are accepting all of his biased statements.

Reply to
bob_villa

There are other obvious conclusions one can make with that data, but if I pointed them out some may say I was racist. I would never want that to happen. :-)

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

What an asshole . Just because my wife said something I disagreed with , I suppose you think I should hate her and get a divorce . Is it not possible for me to disagree with some things you say but not agree with other things you say ? FWIW , if you look at the demographics , you'll see that there is indeed a correlation between population density , race , and crime levels . No , I don't have a cite but it's not that hard to track .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Yeah , saying that blacks are more likely to engage in criminal activity just because they're 10% of the population but 75% (numbers came from my ass , quoted for example purposes only) of the prison population *IS* a bit racist ... or is it just honest ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs

The Federal Bureau of Prisons does indicate that 37.5% are spear chuck? oops, black. That is only part of the story.

According to the United States Census Bureau;

nigg? I mean, blacks comprise only 12.9% of our population.

These facts indicate porch monke? sorry, blacks commit crime at a rate nearly three times that of their population.

Damn, I nearly said something offensive.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Nonsense. The correlation between the two maps has nothing to do with anyones bias. Facts are simply facts.

Reply to
83LowRider

His assumptions are his bias...you stamped your approval by saying he is correct...follow?

Reply to
bob_villa

I had that happen. I cried for a week.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

One theory is that the descendants of Cain (who slew Abel) were darkened, as a curse. The old family traditions are handed down. Violence, and crime.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

In the future, please day darn or dern, so as to be unoffensive. Thank you.

Other than that, not offended at all.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Biblical nonsense like that turns me off religion.

Reply to
nobody

I didn't 'stamp' anything. Overlay the maps and he is either right or wrong. The overlay shows he is correct. There is no bias in simply stating a fact. Follow?

Reply to
83LowRider

What correlation? The two maps I saw were very different.

Reply to
trader_4

Why don't you go to Iran, and tell them to stop being so piggish about how religion controls every thing there?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I think everyone is religious. It's just a matter of what they worship.

Reply to
Muggles