Popcorn ceiling

There are a couple of spots on my popcorn ceiling that lost its pop. Can I repair this with spackle and a sponge or do they sell somehthing more specific for this.? Thanks.

Reply to
in2dadark

there's an areosol spray. But get two and practice in the garage. It's a trick to get right. it comes out fast.

Steve Barker

It's a

Thanks. I'll try it..

Reply to
in2dadark

in2dadark wrote in news:25aefee7-6fd0-455b-96d8- snipped-for-privacy@k18g2000yqj.googlegroups.com:

The sprays are expensive and a real crapshoot. I found the product below at the Blue Borg. It works quite well if you ask me considering the low rate of success most have fixing popcorn. Premixed. The popcorn itself is actually polystyrene chips. Matching is just a matter of how good you get at doing it. Dab on with a cheap paint brush. Don't like what you're getting just wipe it off with wet rag. Let it dry and paint with ceiling paint. Paid 5 bucks for a qt. Goes a long way. Wish I found it long ago actually.

Red Green

I use a similar product which also comes in a small tub. Works well. Follow package directions.

Reply to
Bonnett Decorating

Your easiest fix is touch up paint. You may need to glue in a popped corn or two. I've heard people cuss out their popcorn ceilings, and maybe that causes loss of pop.

Reply to
Phisherman

Thanks .. I ended up with a tube of stuff that cost me under $5. I only had 2 spots that were about double the size of the old silver dollars. It came out well. Having the confidence of good advice helps. Now I no longer have to worry when I paint a popcorn ceiling. That seems to be when the most damage is done.

Reply to
in2dadark

Yep...I painted a popcorn ceiling once with a roller...did a real good job.

I was really proud of myself ...until I turned around and saw half the ceiling had peeled off.

(%%&$...I hate popcorn ceilings. ;

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

I was really proud of myself ...until I turned around and saw half the ceiling had peeled off.

(%%&$...I hate popcorn ceilings. ;

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Definitely a pain, but easy to get rid of. Two ways to do it. One, wet and scrape it and be gone with it. The other, if you're selling, renting, or don't care, spray it with an airless. The easy way to paint a popcorn ceiling. Looks good, too.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB