Popcorn

Bullshit. The coffee was a (then) standard 180F.

She should have gotten ZERO, and been forced to pay McD's costs.

Add pictures here
✖

Before calling "bullshit" make sure you have the facts straight. You don't.
The coffee was 185, not 180. 180 was not "standard". And 180 is more than hot enough to cause very serious burns.
http://library.findlaw.com/1999/Nov/1/129862.html http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 12 May 2010 02:21:13 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Ok, 185 is *NOT* 212, either.

You're full of shit, too. At the time, the *SPECIFICATION* for Dunkin' Donuts coffee was 180F +/- 3F. 180F coffee is very much the standard brewing/serving temperature for coffee.

Add pictures here
✖
On May 11, 11:22 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Wow since you are such a wealth of information why not explain to the world a valid reason for brewing and serving coffee at the same temperature as the rinse cycle in a commercial dishwasher must be set to in order to insure the dishes are sterilized during the cleaning process...
Also, how long must a person NOT DRINK the coffee served to them at 180 F before they can safely consume a beverage which is some 60 degrees hotter than home hot water heaters are set to prevent scalding injuries...
There is no reason to serve beverages that hot when the only reasoning I have ever heard behind the temperature is "it preserves the flavoring of the coffee"...
Which company do you work for, McD's or Dunkin's ???
~~ Evan
Add pictures here
✖

Look it up. That is the recommended brewing/storage temperature for coffee.

When you get where you're going it's not iced coffee. That's the way people want it, in fact. ...sorta why McD (and DD) served it hot, until the lawyers got in between the maker and the consumer.

Nonsense. You can drink beverages a *lot* hotter than 120F.

You are a fool (no news here).
Add pictures here
✖

"Recommended" by whom ? The NIST lab, the FDA ? Oh, I think that you are referring to the standards set by the restaurants...

Don't BUY coffee that far in advance... If you MUST do that, stop your car somewhere safe and pour it from the disposable cup it was served to you in and keep it in a thermally insulated travel mug which will keep it warmer longer...

Not really... But then again scalding injuries to internal tissues are something you are not able to see and not necessarily always feel either...

And it is better to be foolish than stupid... You are stupid if you think that all coffee should be brewed and served as hot as the water used in a commercial dishwasher just so that some people who are rushing to get to work 100 miles away from where they bought their coffee will still have a warm drink when they arrive...
~~ Evan
Add pictures here
✖

Instead of believing me (which you won't), why don't you do a simple web search. You'll find 180F to 200F temperatures recommended. ...or would you rather just remain ignorant?
Here's a starter: http://www.search.com/reference/Coffee_preparation#Brewing
"Water temperature is crucial to the proper extraction of flavor from the ground coffee. The recommended brewing temperature of coffee is 93 °C (199.4 °F)."
Others have differing temperatures, but they're all hotter than your *stupid* suggestion of 120F.

Are you always this stupid? (rhetorical question; we know the answer)

Yes, really. You are stupid.

I was wrong. You're unbelievably stupid.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 13 May 2010 22:34:05 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"
Speaking of popcorn..........I found out this weekend that I was a diabetic, which means I have to give up butter.
Popping popcorn in a paper bag works like a charm. No clean up, also no flavor. A little lemon pepper helps a little :(
I am learning that if food tastes good, spit it out.
Add pictures here
✖

My wife is a diabetic, also. She doesn't have to be so strict, though. Butter isn't an issue for her. Carbs are.

That's what the food police have been telling us for years.
Add pictures here
✖

Wrong. You don't have to give up fat, you have to give up sugar.
Add pictures here
✖

That really depends on how well you want to control your diabetes, and how long you want to live.
Add pictures here
✖

If you want to live long with your diabetes you absolutely MUST low-carb. No more than 50 grams of carbs a day. Do that, and you will most likely be symptom-free.
Add pictures here
✖

Well, "symtom free" is quite a stretch, but low carb will be better for you. As a diabetic, you are also at high risk for heart attack and stroke, among other things, so low fat is also highly desirable.
If you are very disiplined about what you eat, you may reduce your need for medications, and dramatically slow progression of the disease.
In fact, if you are still considered "pre-diabetic" you may be able to avoid ever crossing the line into diabetes.
It takes a lot of education and disipline, though. A lot of people passively just let doctors and meds do it all. That's invariably a bad route to follow.
Add pictures here
✖

My step-dad was a type I diabetic his entire life. He had all sorts of related problems as he got older such as bad eyes, wounds that wouldn't heal, poor circulation, etc., but never once had an insulin issue and was always trim. I remember when the Atkins Diet first came out in the 80s. My dad laughed and said, "So, someone's finally figured out that a diabetic diet keeps you thin!" I was a ballet dancer and no one could figure out how I "stayed so thin" while eating steak and salad with bleu cheese dressing. Umm...because that whole meal has less than 10 grams of carbs (most of it from the veggies) while the baked potato with cottage cheese the low-fat bunch ate has nearly 40 grams.
Add pictures here
✖

I don't think I've ever met someone who had "just" diabetes, and no other health issues.
Add pictures here
✖
Did yo

Again, type I, not Type II, which is not an actual disease (broken Pancreas) but rather a lifestyle screwup. Those morons never get off the couch and live on sugar.
My Step-Dad was born with a busted Pancreas. He learned, early on, that he COULD NOT eat sugar/carbs, and never did so. He even served in the military in WWII, and they KNEW he had diabetes! His skills were that valuable! I am VERY happy that I learned to live on a "diabetic/low-carb" diet in my teen years. If not, I would probably have been too fat to have been a dancer and I would have been a "normal" blimpy "'mercan". I would rather die than claim that moniker. Of course, that was all 25-35 years ago :)
Add pictures here
✖

Morons?
My diabetes is caused by the anti rejection drugs from a transplant.

Add pictures here
✖
I would rather die than claim that moniker.

Go die. Nobody is stopping you.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 13 May 2010 22:34:05 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

After brewing the coffee, does your reference say at what temperature the coffee should be served?
Add pictures here
✖
On May 14, 5:15 am, snipped-for-privacy@nowheremonfrere.com wrote:

You think McDs ices it down after brewing?
Add pictures here
✖