Poor mudding/sanding repair

I have just put drywall up in my basement and have mudded, sanded, primed and painted it. Now, a couple of spots that "didn't look that bad" are now extremely noticeable.

Noticeable as it it was a thiick mudding and poor sanding job.

Now that it is primed and painted, is there a way I can fix this?

I was thinking of just sanding over the paint with a coarser sand paper and trying to smooth things out. Of course, it will all have to be reprimed and repainted.

Is this the only way and does it sound like it will work? Thanks

Reply to
Jon

I've done this using a lightweight filler and fine sandpaper or a brick to feather it.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Why do all that work for a basement? Don't obsess over it. Just get a big potted plant at your nearest box store to keep in front of the worst flaws. The minor flaws will soon be forgotten and you can move on to other projects. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Are you married? :-)

There is one bad part that I want to fix as it is the first thing you see when you walk down. We are going to use it as a rec room, so it will be used a fair amount.