pool vacuum external to filtration system

We recently bought a home with an in ground salt water pool. This pool has an infinite edge feature, which pushes water over the edge of the pool into a trough. Unfortunately we get a lot of dirt and leaves in this trough; this gets worse with each rain because we have a lot of clay in our soil and a lot of ponding, which drags more dirt and leaves into the trough. We have tried using the filtration system vacuum but the filter basket clogs up so fast it's impossible to vacuum for any length of time. The trough itself is only 8 1/2" wide, so there's not enough room for a leaf basket.

Recently I've seen the Pool Buster, which might work for this. However, if it is too big to fit in the trough it's not going to help. Anyone try one?

We used to have some flakey kid come by to clean the pool, and he cleaned the trough with a garden hose and a leaf basket but I never got a chance to see what he did.

Thanks

JMK

Reply to
JMK