Pool Solar Covers

Hi all. I have a 16 x 32 oval inground pool. Its time for a new solar cover . I went to get one today and they want to sell me a 17 x 33, and I cut to fit. I did this with my last one and the cut looked like crap. They sell an oval cover 16 x 32 but its for an above ground pool. Whats the differance? tia ...........Rob

To cut the cover put it on your pool uncut and stretch it out with some bricks for anchors.
Then use a magic marker to carefully trace your pool. When you cut use good scissors and pay attention. I cut mine about 2 inches too big so if I need to I can trim it but I always end up leaving the excess. It just curls up on the edges.
As for dirrerence: I think that the only difference is in the way the pool cover is reeled in. I can't imagine why you couldn't use a above on an in-ground. But I've been wrong before.
od
Rob wrote:

I would just get the 16x32, either on-line or at the store.
I can't imagine the difference, other than the in-ground covers may have the grommeted holes for a reel, whereas you don't have a reel for an above ground pool.

I doubt there is any difference.
but cutting the new one using the old one as a "first try" you should be able to make a better cut?
I wonder how well the "precut" oval will match your pool.
cheers Bob