pool service

Hi, we have a pool service that they come in every week to check and add chemcials. They charge $41 per month. I am wondering if I can do it myself?

Thanks,

ff

Reply to
finecur

Yes, you can, but you still have to play that bbwwwo chucka bbwwwo chucka music whenever you're cleaning the pool.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

If you want to take the time it takes, yes, you can. You do have to check it every few days, or it will get ahead of you. There's not a lot to keeping up a pool, but you do have to learn what chemicals and when, and you have to check it regularly.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I had a chance to meet the pool person, before I closed on my house and as a first time pool owner I did not continue the service. It seemed to me, he was taking advantage of an elderly lady, by not fixing things - like the pool filler valve/ broken and flooding the yard. ( he was to maintain and repair.. )

With a little research; coupled with opinions of others I've managed to keep a decent 11K gal. pool.

Check to see if a Community College offers a course in pool care.

-- Oren

Oren