Pool pump update

Rained last night big time so the pump went out again. Followed the suggestions of Trader (via Oren) and disconnected the pump from the load side. Turned on the pump and the ground fault did not trip. This indicates that the water is apparently getting into the pump. We've called the pool guys out to replace it. It is nearly 20 years old, so I probably got my money's worth. Thanks again to all who responded....even if I did not see them for some reason.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

You should try to get that pump out of the weather.

Reply to
gfretwell

No real good way to do that because of the way it was put together. I have had that pool for nearly 30 years and this is the first time I have that particular problem. This particular pump has been outside for 20 years with no problem. To enclose it would require moving the pump and replumbing. Much cheaper to just get a new pump, especially since I'll be selling the house next year. But thanks for the suggestion.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Current plans are that.

Reply to