Pool pump timer

Will someone please show me how to wire in an automatic timer to my pool pump? Thanks, S2

connect the source to the line side of the timer and the pump wires to the load side of the timer. Make sure that the ground is unbroken to the pump. (required by the NEC Code and every jurisdiction I have ever worked in)
SQLit, The timer has a line 1, a line 2, a load 1 and a load 2. Should I be concerned with which is which? Also, what do you mean by the ground unbroken to the pump? Thanks again, S2

No
This is a requirement for wet niche lights. It does not apply to pumps. Use standard wiring methods for the branch circuit to a pump. The ground does have to be #12 copper or larger. BTW even the wet niche rule allows a splice on the ground if it is on a bus bar in a timer enclosure.
There is still supposed to be an 8 ga bonding wire that connects the pool steel, ladders, lights pumps and any other metal, bigger than the palm of your hand and within 5' of the water.
Stuart wrote:

It is code in my state (NY) that a pool pump motor be grounded. My pump motor is grounded with a double green coated wire to a steel stake driven into the ground. If you look at your pump motor, you will find a tab somewhere on the motor that will accept the ground wire and has a set screw to secure a good contact for the ground wire.

That is supposed to be used for the BOND wire that bonds the pool metal. The GROUND runs with the motor supply conductors back to the service panel or sub panel.