Pool pump motor - fried?

My pool equipment area was flooded last night, while the pump was running.
The pump motor is a 2-speed (A.O. Smith B977), and it won't currently run at high speed. (It hums for a couple of seconds, and then the built-in breaker trips.) It will run at low speed, but it smokes.
The question - Is there any chance that the motor will be functional after it has had a chance to dry out further?
(BTW, if anyone knows of a better group for pool-related questions, please point me to it.)
Thanks!
Ian Pilcher snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

There's a chance it will, but I think it prudent to be a little more proactive towards its survival. Since it's still at least partially operational, it'd be a good idea to take it to a motor rebuild shop and get it carefully dried, cleaned out and tested.
Don't try starting it anymore yourself (unless you want to dissassemble it and dry/clean it yourself).
You may be burning the winding's insulation, and that costs a lot more to repair - in most cases, you'd be better of junking it.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

At the least, dry it out for a few days in a WARM dry place before you try it again.
Bob