Pool problem - Posible leaking

It's a 20 years old pool, kidney style, liner but in a very good shape. in last few months I think I am loosing few inches water every week or so. Now closing time is close and I am very tight on budget. Do I have to call "Leak Detections:? Can I totally drain/empty the pool and next year take care of it? Please advise I am worry what I should do? What's the best course of action? My pool in is Canada, Ontario.

I wouldn't drain the pool over the winter or you will more problems to fix once the frost pushes in the sides. Just let it drain itself, when the level goes below the leak and it stops dropping, you should get a better idea of where the leak is.
AMUN

I would talk to a pool contractor and see what you options are and cost. I would not drain the pool unless absolutely necessary or until your ready to repair it.You run the risk of ground water floating the pool out of the ground. I say that because my friends pool ( in ground gunite) floated up 12" in the deep end.
On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:23:08 GMT, "Sacramento Dave"

============I would first actually determine that I did in fact have a leak....
I would take a 5 gaoolon bucket and place it in the pool..on a step etc and fill the bucket with water until the level is equal to that of the pool.... IF you have a leak of a couple of inches a week...you will see a difference in the water level inside the bucket and the pool in a day or so....
Evaporation, can cause a lot of water loss...and since you said over the last few months ...it may not really be leaking...but with the bucket you can tell for sure....
If it is leaking I would let her leak down until the loss stops...but I would NEVER drain the pool and leave it empty over the winter... the water inside the pool holds the darn pool together...
Bob G.
Sorry guys but I am still didn't get it very well ( I am dumb :) so what exactly now I have to do before I close my pool as fall and winter is close? it seems a small leaking as I said...when I close my pool, I lower the water below jets and put lots of shocks and put cover...what I should do this time? where can I get that 5 gaoolon bucket you mentioned and tell me again what I should do with it and what is this? Is it really work?
On 21 Sep 2005 06:17:45 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

=============== As for closing the pool....Heck my inground pool is now over 30 years old...and I never add any chemicals to the water when I close it... Just drain in down to about 4-5 inches below the return lines, drain the filter, plug all the lines and cover the darn thing....
5 Gallon buckets (or you can use a empty grandular chlorine bucket ) are sold at almost every hardware store...
Bob