Pool light recommendations

Hi, I'm changing the liner in my above ground pool. I figure with the water out, now would be a good time to install a light. Any recommendations from anybody with a pool light or anyone who has put one in? The Hayward elite is the only one I can find right now. Thanks, Jeff
"Jeff Guay" wrote in message

I have a Pentair Dark Buster in mine. Search around, prices vary greatly.
Do follow _all_ instructions. About the third year when I was opening my pool, I was filling at night. Ole wise one that knows everything, turned on the light to help see b/4 the light was submerged. As soon as the ice cold water reached the light, POP. Needless to say, I went that year without the light.
On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 17:58:12 -0400, "Jeff Guay"

just a thought here. i have a light in my pool and rarely use it as it attracts bugs. LOTS OF BUGS in a short time. also you will see every foot print and all dents and irregularities in the bottom of the pool. we thought our pool looked very good till we lit it up the first time.
skeez
I'm here to tell ya, a light makes for some very INTERESTING late night pool parties.

I got a Darkbuster for mine:
http://tinyurl.com/lkoq6
It's plenty bright for my 24x48 above ground. The only downside is that I've had to replace the bulb twice in eight years at $45 a pop. The optional sprinkler attachment is nice (the above link includes this for 'free').
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...