Pool light question

Page 2 of 4
Oren posted for all of us...

Could you put a rush on that? I was coming over for dip and I know you want to appreciate my lovely body.
--
Tekkie

Thanks, a question that has clinked around my mind for awhile.
--
Tekkie

Just use armoured cable, like the cable used to supply the house with power. I've used normal flex before, but it rots or gets eaten by something.
--
If Rap is music, then falling off the roof is transportation.

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 5:37:16 PM UTC-4, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Another nym shift, another attempt to get around people's filters.
On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 22:37:02 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"

That would drain your pool. The pool light conduit is flooded by pool water.

Not the bit where the electrical connections go.
--
It seems the lifeguard told a patron to stop pissing in the pool.
The patron said, "Everyone pisses in the pool"

The conduit goes directly into the wet niche and the cord to the lamp runs through the flooded conduit. That is why the junction box has to be elevated above the water line. There is pool water in the conduit.

What a weird idea. I'd design the lamp housing with the wire coming out the back, sealed off from the water.

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:01:38 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"

The lamp housing is sealed but the conduit the cord runs through is flooded

Ah, I never thought of having to change the bulb without getting it wet.
--
Microsoft: This company has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

With a pool light, there is a light housing and a "niche". The housing is a sealed enclosure with SOOW (or equivalent) cable supplying power to the light circuit. The niche is a non sealed cavity with conduit attached leading to the power supply.
The waterproof cable threads through the conduit and the sealed housing mounts to the niche. The housing is equipped with enough extra cable, stored in the niche, to allow the enclosure to be removed and serviced on the dry surface surrounding the pool.
Considering the caustic nature of the chemicals used in pool water, this approach is brilliant in it's simplicity and safety.

I see.
Hang on, someone in this group said you died on a roof.
--
Two blondes are racing down a bumpy back road in a pretty beat up car down to a bank they're going to rob.
"Drive slower" pleads the one in the passenger seat, "I don't want all the nitro in the boot to explode."

Could you post the message ID of that post?

:

deep

view of

e with

by

pool

amp

it.

g out

ing is

s a non

ing

this

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair Subject: death in group Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2016 17:32:58 +0100 Organization: Aioe.org NNTP Server Lines: 28
http://www.chronicle-express.com/news/20160725/body-on-walgreens-roof-identified
Posted Jul. 25, 2016 at 10:32 AM
PENN YAN – Penn Yan Police have identified the man who died last week the roof of the Walgreen's Drug Store on the corner of Liberty and Elm Streets in Penn Yan. Police Chief Mark Hulse reports that Christopher A. Young, 54, of Farmington, was admitted to the roof of Walgreens by internal access Tuesday, July 19 to clean the roof drains. There he suffered a heart related incident and died. As an independent contractor hired by the Walgreens Corp., Hulse says no one at the store knew Young's name nor noticed when he did not come down from the roof. Young's unattended vehicle was later reported to police who attempted to contact him, but the connection to the man who went up on the roof was not made until store employees checked the store security video, and then discovered his body on the roof at 2:10 p.m. July 22. Young's name was withheld by police until his family had been notified. He lived alone with no one to report him missing. Hulse says Young had only a sister living near him, but it was not unusual for them to be out of touch for periods of time. Young's body was removed to Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hospital where the post mortem was performed by a local pathologist, Dr. Dean, who ruled the death to be by natural causes related to the heart. Local Walgreens store management referred all questions to Walgreen’s Corporation Media Relations Dept. personnel, who refused to comment.
-- Women claim that they never pursue a man. Well, by the same token, a mousetrap never pursues a mouse, but the end result is the same.
James Wilkinson Sword pretended :

I don't see any mention of him at all in that post. Got another?
snipped-for-privacy@nomail.afraid.org says...

I'm thinking James Wilkinson's Sword isn't the sharpest razor blade in the box.
--
RonNNN

RonNNN expressed precisely :

I won't insult all Brits, but some of them sure are stupid. He's too dull to be even a shining example of stupidity.
RonNNN posted for all of us...

Sort of like a rusted blue blade aye?
--
Tekkie

It's a razor blade manufacturer you ignoranus.
-- My younger sister was having one of her first gynecological appointments and she had some questions for the doctor. "Doctor" she asked, "I can't ask my parents, They would kill me but my boyfriend wants to have anal sex. I don't know what to tell him, I mean I don't know anything about it. Can I get pregnant?" The kindly old doctor smiled whimsically and replied "Of course, you can my dear. Where do you think lawyers come from?"
James Wilkinson Sword posted for all of us...

Asshat** Blue blades were steel blades that rusted and were made by Gillette. I tried the Sword and they aren't worth crap. I think the only sword you have is the carbuncle on face (ass).
--
Tekkie